Town Twinned with Husum >
MAYORAL Visit to Husum >
Town Twinned with Husum
The first contacts between Kidderminster and Husum came about as a result of a Government initiative, to promote reconciliation between British and German communities and to encourage assistance in post-war rebuilding – particularly in Schleswig-Holstein, which had been in the post-war British Zone and where Local Government was based on British principles.
Under this scheme, John L. Evans, Kidderminster’s Town Clerk, and the Mayor, visited Schleswig-Holstein in 1955, the Mayor going to Pinneberg and the Town Clerk to Husum. They then reported back to the Borough Council, and the Council decided to open discussions with the town council of Husum. The discussions went well, and were followed by a first visit, in 1956, of a number of representatives from Kidderminster to Husum. This was quickly followed by a return visit of Husum councillors.
Read the full story on the The Kidderminster Husum Twinning Association’s website by clicking below.
KHTA WEBSITE >